Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
I’m in the middle of some type of a life crisis right now, so excuse me for not keeping to them of my blog and instead of taking the time to read about the other things I have been posting.
I know I just posted how I have neglected and messed up one of my fish tanks in my previous post.
I often freak out. Well, I wouldn’t call freak out, maybe obsess over things a bit too much. The end result is being stressed out.
Currently, like I said, I am going through a crisis. A bunch of health issues that are freaking me out. Not life-threatening or anything, just annoying. Like, really annoying.
Two days ago, my manager give me a pep talk. He said I need to start to relax, stop thinking about things, and just take sick days for the hell of it. (I thought that was cool.)
After his attempt of making me relax, I got to thinking. Most people have life all wrong. They make things too complicated and tend to cause themselves more stress than anything.
I know that is what has caused me headaches in the last week.
Maybe you are a special person or something and don’t stress out about things, but I know at least one of my readers does. IT COULD BE YOU!
Anyways, here’s what I have come up with.
- People need to slow down. People are always going this way and that. Forgetting about the good things in life, like good food, love, friends, things they use to like doing, like a good book or reading. They just don’t time because they are constantly going.
- De-stress. People never think of an outlet for their stress, and they leave it build up until it finally builds high enough that by the time the notice it’s too late. For me, the number one thing is meditation.
- People need to start thinking of others in the right way. Who’s the star of your life movie? You are. I find people are getting worse and worse. It seems like more and more people don’t give a rats ass about others these days, only what they want or what they can get. Stop and realize, we are all in this together!
- Food. Another thing that stresses you out. Food. The fat guy is stressed out because he just ate a hotdog and tries to make himself feel better with a box of fries. The healthy woman is thinking about how many calories they just ate and if they should go run it off or not. I think the best way to do it is just to simply ask yourself. Is this something that would help you fule your body the way you want it too?
- Exercise. Feel the burn! Sure, people want to be in shape, and look good, and want people to see them and say, hey you look amazing. I am starting to feel that if you can lift weights, jog. If you can’t jog. Walk. Just move. I’ll probably die of something because I don’t train hard enough, but I am not going to stress over it.
- Stop worrying about how much shit they have. That guy has a ps4, that man drives an Audi, that family lives in the rich part of town, I bet they have a zillion dollars in the bank. Well, the probably do. But why compare? It’s not you. For one, you don’t know that person story? Did they win the lottery? Do they work and neglect their families? Do they buy things just to look like they are wealthy but are up to their eyeballs in debt? Or maybe, they are just rich. Who’s cares really.
I know the list doesn’t end there, and I could go on all day, but hey…
And sure, I probably did a pretty horrible job presenting this to you, but at the moment, if you get what I mean, then that’s good enough for me! I’m not going to stress about it.
The bottom line is, what my point bubbles down to brings me back to your circle of influence. Do you remember when I wrote about that? You can find that post here!
Daily Challenge: Stop worrying about things you can’t change. Simple? Nope, but with practice, you can lower that stress!